Chitwan is generally warm for most of the year and require only light clothing. However, from November to February the early mornings and evenings can be very chilly, requiring a warm sweater or jacket. Early morning elephant rides can be particularly cold before the sun rises and warms the air enough to dispel the damp morning mist.
WHAT TO PACK
• First aid kit containing, amongst others, insect repellent, possibly a malaria prophylaxis, bandages, diarrhea medication and painkillers and sufficient supplies of your regular medicines.
• Neutral colored clothing on safaris.
• Light weight, loose-fitting trousers and long sleeved shirts.
• Comfortable walking shoes/Canvas shoes or light weight boots.
• A sun hat or light neck scarf and sunscreen lotion to protect from the sunlight.
• Insect repellent and flashlight for use in the evenings.
• Swim suit for elephant bathing if you are travelling in summer.
• Umbrella or raincoat if you are travelling during the monsoon.
• Binoculars, cameras, extra memory card and battery
• Battery-operated or conventional razors
• Travel insurance policy and repatriation insurance
• Plug adaptor for three prong round hole plugs